Monday, May 01, 2006

Summer Blockbuster Mania

I love the movies and can't wait to see these few or not so few movies. Sitting in the dark theater with the anticipation of watching some new and exciting just moments away is one of my favorite things to do. For a short while I was a manager of a movie theater and learned the ins and outs of how to thread movie projectors and tweeking the DTS sound and having long lines of people excited about opening night. Having gone through this experience of managing a theater only heightened my love for the movies.

This summer looks like it will be a good one as to the all important summer blockbuster. I am particularly looking forward to seeing these movies: MI 3, X-3, Cars, Poseidon, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest, Miami Vice, World Trade Center, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and most important Superman Returns.

O.K. my peeps let me know what you are looking forward to as it comes to the summer movie season or as we in the biz call it Summer Blockbuster Mania.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Actually, I am looking forward to seeing a film called, "Ask the Dust" with singer/actress Idina Menzel that originated the character, "Elphaba" in the Broadway Musical, "Wicked."
She plays opposite Colin Farrel with Selma Hayek... It comes out this summer, not sure when though.

I can't WAIT to see it!!!
I love Idina!

Sarah said...

Sorry, dude... MI:3 is out for us. Mike is going to be working too late and he isn't all that jazzed about seeing the sneak preview of it anyway. I couldn't care either way... maybe there are scientology subliminal messages throughout it and everyone that goes to see it decides that they wanna believe in a made up religion too!

Just a thought.

Prime said...

X-Men I can get uber-excited for. You know of my Superman bias being a Smallville fan and all. MI:3. Is it me, or did Tom Cruise actually go nuts enough to make us less excited about his movies. I hope this summer rocks. I hope I can get over myself. Only time will tell! =)