So, it's been some time since I last posted. Life has taken a different turn in the last couple of weeks for us (for the better that is). Kami has taken a job doing what she loves, speech therapy. She also opened up a can of whoop *ss on RC Willey and got us a replacement T.V.
Oh, didn't I tell you about her finding our original sales receipt for the T.V. and us finding out that we had indeed bought the five year extended warranty. My T.V. had been out for more than nine months and we were considering selling it cheap at a yard sale just to get the $1,500 shelf out of our basement. Kami called RC Willey and they sent out a repair guy to diagnose what the problem was.
I had done quite a bit of research on my particular set to see if there was anything I could do to fix it (this was before we realized we had the warranty) and the main thing all the forums were saying is that certain parts of the set are not to be exposed to direct light which can and will screw up the programming on the main board so much so that the only way to fix it is to send it to JVC in Japan and they will fix it. Well I was at work when the repair guy came and opened up the set and gutted it and he asked Kami to help him carry the thing up the stairs and out to his van. Are you guys seeing where I'm going with this.
A week later Kami called the repair place and they said to her that they had ordered some parts for our set and realized that they needed to order another part that they had not anticipated ordering, the main board. The main board was going to cost $1,000.00 and they needed RC Willey's permission to order it. They proceeded to tell her that the case worker they were dealing with was on vacation and would not be back for a week and there was nothing they could do. She suggested to Kami that perhaps she could call RC Willey directly and see if she could work it out with them.
Kami called them and they started giving her the run around. "Well your case worker is on vacation and she can help you when she gets back in town next week" Kami opened a can up on the dude on the other line. He promptly apologized and offered to have his manager call her when she got back from lunch. Within the hour a nice lady called back and told Kami that, she had been working on her case and this is what she could offer her. She apologized but the best they could do would be replace the set with another. She didn't want her to be upset because they could only offer her a 51" Hitachi T.V. instead of the 48" set we had bought (being JVC no longer make our T.V.) and that they would be happy to have it delivered to us the next day if that would be o.k.
If we had found the receipt any sooner we most likely would not have got a replacement T.V. this nice since it only came out a month and a half ago. Things work out in the end. I'm like Seinfeld that way I guess. So, last month I think I'm the only man who was thankful for PMS. Good job gal on getting a rockin job and for taking no guff and getting us the T.V.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kami is the WOMAN!!!
Your TV totally ROCKS, man!
We can't wait to watch a flick with you at Thanksgiving!!!!
Way to kick some RC Willey ASS!
That sounds like what I did with Sears when they were giving US the runaround with our BRAND new front-loading washer. I kicked some sales person's and repair-guy's ass as well. Thank the Lord for small mercies. PMS really IS a God-send!
Post a Comment