So wale-Mart in their great wisdom has decided not to hire me. I was called yesterday by the HR person and she asked if I could do an all day orientation in the morning. I arranged with my boss here to take the day off (one of my last three days I have left mind you) so I could go. I was to go and be at this orientation at 7:00 am and it would last until 4:00. I got a phone call this morning at 6:30 from this same HR lady and she asked if I had taken the drug screen test yet. I said no, because there was an accident on I-15 last night on my way home and I sat in traffic for well over an hour waiting for the road to be cleared (a semi carrying hay lost about half his load over all lanes of traffic and they closed the freeway for about 45 min.) so traffic could move through, the were closed by the time I got into Utah County. When I had my interview they said in order for me to get hire I needed to take a prehire drug screen. They gave me the paper work and the interviewer told me to sign it and that after they got the results back I would have one more interview and it would be official and I could start working. They did not mention that I needed to take the test within 24 hours or that I could not be hired or even considered for a postion for an entire year after that date. I explained that I had no control over the traffic and I would be happy to take it today but they have a policy in place and there is nothing she could do about it.
So I say Bite Me Wal-Mart! I'll find another job.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well thats totally LAME!! Sorry that didn't work out for you, dude. Wally World is a monster! You will find another job that is better than Wally World, for sure!
those bastards don't deserve you anyway. put your talents to better use elsewhere!!!
Post a Comment