Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Reality Check

Last Friday my wife and I were sitting on the couch in our basement and were having a great conversation about whatever when it hit me, I'm a father and have a house, two cars and a cat. Man every once in a while reality just smacks (or Kung Fu's punches) you in the face. Of course I have had these things for a while now but when you think back on not that long ago things were much different then they are now.

Lets go back 14 years or so ago. I had hair, I was skinny, very good looking and I was sitting around doing nothing. I would do the odd job at Kelly Temporary Services that would last two weeks or so. I had really no future vision for my life at all. I decided to go down to Snow College and that's when life took the really big turn for me. There I met the most gorgeous woman, the blond haired beauty of my dreams (thanks Shauna, I know you'd be ticked if I didn't say so). Kami is her name and she changed my life.

I met her while doing Shakespeare (Taming of the Shrew) I played Biondello and got the most applause out of the entire cast every night, but that's beside the point. I asked her out three times before our various schedules matched up and we have been inseparable since. I know a lot of people go through ups and downs and break up for a while, while dating we never had that. Sure we went through rough patches but on the whole I knew I was in it for good. Life has taken off from that point.

I was on a path to no where back in the day but now I'm golden. Life is good, no great. Sure I have my ups and downs over the years but all in all it's very satisfying to be me. Every once in a while reality hits and I'm very proud of what I've accomplished in my life. Finding the right person worked out for me, Job situation worked out for me, having a home worked out for me (I'm now on my second that i've owned), children worked out for me (I have the most beautiful children ask anyone), I have a great family and that worked out for me, I'm still thin as a rail and have a full head of hair (NOT), Religion worked out for me (I've come along way as it comes to this aspect).

My reality isn't so bad is it.

5 comments:

TRACI said...

Excellent post! Love the reality check and so glad it has all worked out for you and Kami! Keep on truck'in!

Prime said...

It seems blogging agrees with you. Waiting for the next installment.

Prime said...

Hey where'd the A-Rone-ic blog go?? I liked A-Rone-ic-dotes ... =(

Sarah said...

You totally stole the show in Taming of the Shrew! Everyone knew it, some didn't want to admit to it, but everyone knew it.

Terri said...

ALl I have to say is,
WORD to my Brothah.