Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Part Time Work

I don't want my family to be just part time work, so yesterday I got a part time job working at my local Wal-Mart in the electronics department. (that's right up my alley, huh) It will be good to have a little extra money coming in so we can take care of our last little bit of debt and it will pay for Christmas and also get me on the way to buying the front projector and speakers I want for my "Hobbit Hole Cinema" (which isn't so important right now but it would be fun).

I'm actually pretty excited to be doing this and the reason is I HATE BEING IN DEBT. DEBT SUCKS!!!! I will be paying off everything as fast as possible so that with our taxes next year instead of paying on bills I can take the family to Disneyland for a week of bliss. I don't know if this line from a movie works here but it is my favorite line from any movie and it's from Gladitor, "What we do in life echoes in eternity". I want to take care of my family so we don't have to worry about the bills and other trivial things and focus on what's important, being a family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Rone!

Can I get a discount on dvd's and such with you working there? I am glad to hear that you are getting out of debt... I wish Mike and I could get that through our thick skulls!

Anywho... call me today when you have a chance.