Friday, April 28, 2006

Lawn Care

This weekend I have to mow the lawn and I'm not sure about one thing, should I mulch or should I bag? HELP ME! I'm drawn between the two.

4 comments:

Terri said...

A) bagging SUCKS!
B) what the hell would you do with mulch, and how the hell do you MAKE it?
C) Hire someone to do it for you

these are my thoughts.

Sarah said...

The thing about mulching is that eventually you will have to thatch the lawn to get all the buildup up from the prior year.

So, you can get rid of the excess right now by bagging everytime you mow or use the mulch to help fertilize the lawn throughout the summer and then thatch it up come next spring. Either way its quite a bit of work.

The difference is that when you bag, you have to bag every time you mow and when you mulch you only have to bag once... in the spring time when you thatch the lawn. This is what we have done and it has worked out great!

Theres my $.02

Aaron said...

Thatching...Whaa?

Prime said...

I say combine the two! No bagging. And then pay someone to thatch for you (er...once you figure out what that is...). But then again, my yard is a various assortment of colored rocks, so whadoIknow.